Senior Cyber Security Analyst at Transport for London
What does a Senior Cyber Security Analyst do?
In the world of cyber security, every day is different. To spot risks and solve issues, here are just some of the things you might be doing in a job where the technological landscape is rapidly changing:
- Keeping up to date with strategies, priorities and risks to be addressed. Cyber security and risks are constantly evolving, and you’ll love learning and growing in your career to stay on top of the latest developments. No-one will ever say of your skills “that’s so last season”
- Working closely with the IM (IT) cyber security and incident response team (CSIRT). To make sure everyone works quickly when needed and knows what they need to know to do their jobs well, team-work is very important
- Giving specialist technical advice and analysis to do with cyber security issues across Transport for London. You’ll be sharing knowledge with all kinds of people, from the chief information security officer (CISO) to senior managers and your team-mates. Not everyone will have your level of technical expertise, so it’s important to know how to communicate complex things clearly in a way everyone can understand!
- Helping big decisions be made by recommending changes to Transport for London controls or processes that might have an effect on cyber security risks
- Checking solutions and considering user feedback on a regular basis, so you always know how things are going and where improvements might be made
- Preparing reports – and presenting them, too!
Usually, you’ll work full-time, five days a week. However, you may be required to work later if deadlines are approaching or if you’re involved in a major project where time is of the essence.