HS2 Environmental Manager
What does an HS2 Environmental Manager do?
- Check the suitability of sites for building a high speed railway, gathering and preparing information
- Manage teams of environmental consultants and other specialists
- Provide advice on environmental rules and regulations
- Report to and advise HS2 senior managers and government on reducing effects on the environment
- Take part in meetings and events with charities, organisations and the general public to explain HS2’s plans and get their views
- Work closely with engineering and property and other HS2 teams.
To learn more about what an Environmental Manager does on a day-to-day basis, hear from Attiya Biviji, one of HS2's Environmental Managers.
Working hours are typically 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, consultation events and the need to meet important deadlines may sometimes mean out-of-hours working.